It’s almost Memorial Weekend! To me, that signals the beginning of Summer! How can you do a Summer without watermelon? Now take it up a notch and make a delicious Watermelon Salad! Life is good!
This watermelon salad is full of chunks of cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese, and a little crunch of almonds tossed with a lemon dressing. It might sound a little odd by I promise that your mouth will thank you!!
- 3 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chunks cucumbers
- 1 small purple onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the watermelon, onion and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta and almonds. Enjoy!!!