The Best Bacon Pea salad is a simple summer side that everyone loves. Tender sweet peas are mixed with bacon, mozzarella pearls, and a bit of red onion for some zest. Add a simple mayonnaise-based dressing that is seasoned with a little vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simple yet perfect.
I love peas! Especially when they are fresh from the garden. So when I thought about a salad that featured peas and bacon, I was thrilled!
This easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad is the result of my love of peas! It’s a perfect addition to any backyard Summer party or an everyday family meal.
You can easily make this ahead and pull it out when you’re ready to party! In fact, it’s even better when made in advance. The flavors have a moment to marry!
- 12 ounces medium shells (or other small pasta of choice)
- 2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup of Mozzarella pearls
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Whisk together all of the Lemon Dressing Ingredients together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook pasta according to package directions just until al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain. Drizzle with a little olive oil to keep from sticking.
- Add pasta, peas, onion, and dressing to a large bowl and toss until evenly combined. If serving immediately then add bacon, mozzarella pearls and toss to combine. If not serving immediately then cover and chill in the refrigerator.