Bacon Pea Pasta Salad
The Best Bacon Pea Pasta salad EVER! You put yummy peas mixed with bacon, mozzarella pearls, and a bit of red onion, and POW, you have the best salad around!
Already sounds amazing, right? This easy salad is perfect for any bbq and perfectly served with baked chicken breast, honey grilled shrimp, and other yummy other main dishes or even alone!
I love peas! Especially when they are fresh from the garden. So when I thought about a salad that featured peas and bacon, I was thrilled!
This easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad is the result of my love of peas! It’s a perfect addition to any backyard Summer party or an everyday family meal.
You can easily make this ahead and pull it out when you’re ready to party! In fact, it’s even better when made in advance. The flavors have a moment to marry!
Best Bacon Pea Pasta salad
- 12 ounces medium shells (or other small pasta of choice)
- 2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup of Mozzarella pearls
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Whisk together all of the Mayo Dressing Ingredients together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook pasta according to package directions just until al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain. Drizzle with a little olive oil to keep from sticking.
- Add pasta, peas, onion, and dressing to a large bowl and toss until evenly combined. If serving immediately then add bacon, mozzarella pearls and toss to combine. If not serving immediately then cover and chill in the refrigerator. If not serving right away, you might need to add a little more dressing to it. It tends to soak up all the dressing.
This easy to make pasta salad. It’s full of charred corn, bacon, and queso fresco cheese, and the creamy chili lime dressing puts it to the next level. You can’t go wrong taking this to your next party. It will be a party favorite and a great dish to take to your next potluck.
This recipe is so simple but so good! It doesn’t have to be a side dish to a Hawaiian luau for your family to enjoy!
This is so easy and will be a perfect match for any meal!
15 thoughts on “Bacon Pea Pasta Salad”
Yum! This looks so good. I’ll have to try it. Thank you for sharing!
This recipe looks yummy! Not a ton of heavy foods, perfect for light summer eating.
This looks delicious. I always get this when I go to Ruby Tuesday.
This looks great! my husband can’t stand mayo, do you think it could be made without mayo?
i cannot wait to try this!
I love pasta… Will definitely try this recipe to switch things up… Great post
This seems like an inexpensive and healthy meal option for our family! Thanks so much for sharing this.
Wow this looks absolutely amazing I have to try it
This looks yummy! I will have to try this one for sure!
This looks tasty ????
Looks good! I’m vegan but this would have been at the top of my list a couple years ago.
Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 14!
This looks so refreshing for the summer! Can’t say I have ever tried peas in pasta, but this looks so tasty!
thank you! The peas give you such a fresh bite.