Turtle Love Brownies
Turtle Love Brownies! Our celebrating for the season is over and now it’s time to get the house back in order! I love Christmas and the decorations but when it’s over, I absolutely love taking down the décor.
I know, I know, we are all starting our New Year’s resolutions but if you are working hard to put away Christmas, you need a treat. May I suggest, Turtle Love Brownies!
Where I live, we are getting pounded with snow and it’s my girl’s last day of vacation. What better way to send off 2016 than with ooey-gooey heavenly brownies, you won’t be sorry!
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cocoa powder for 2 minutes. Add eggs to the batter one at a time, bating after each egg. Add the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a different bowl, and then incorporate it with the butter mixture. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, and half the pecans to the batter and stir until combined. Pour batter evenly into the pan.
- Place the pan in the 350 degrees oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let pan cool for 5 minutes then poke holes all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour caramel over the brownies and spread into the holes. Place brownies in the fridge for one hour or until the caramel sets.
- FROSTING: Combine the butter, cocoa, corn syrup, and vanilla in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat until smooth. You can add more heavy cream, if needed, for a better spreading consistency.
- Once the caramel has set, frost the brownies with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans, chocolate chips and drizzle with caramel.
11 thoughts on “Turtle Love Brownies”
OMG these look so good! It’s like taking all of my favorite things and combining them into one!
Oh my! These brownies look delicious!!!
These turtle brownies look delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
Wow! These look AMAZING!! Pinned to try. Please share with us over at: http://www.ourunschoolingjourney.com/2017/01/together-on-tuesdays-linky-party-week-2.html
Oh, those brownies look amazing!
These brownies look so good. I plan to try them soon. Than you for sharing on A Round Tuit link party.
Terima kasih atas semua dukungan anda
Wow! These look so amazing. I need them in my life soon. Thank you for linking up to Tips and Tricks. Hope to see you again next week. Have a great weekend.
This has that sweet and salty flavor that I love so much. Thanks for sharing your brownie recipe on Merry Monday. Pinned.
What a treat! Shared on our Hearth and Soul Facebook page and pinning later today! Your Turtle Love Brownies look incredibly delicious. Thank you for sharing them with us at Hearth and Soul.