Our celebrating for the season is over and now it’s time to get the house back in order! I love Christmas and the decorations but when it’s over, I absolutely love taking down the decor.
I know, I know, we are all starting our New Year’s resolutions but if you are working hard to put away Christmas, you need a treat. May I suggest, Turtle Love Brownies!
Where I live, we are getting pounded with snow and it’s my girl’s last day of vacation. What better way to send off 2016 than with ooey-gooey heavenly brownies, you won’t be sorry!
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cocoa powder for 2 minutes. Add eggs to the batter one at a time, bating after each egg. Add the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a different bowl, and then incorporate it with the butter mixture. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, and half the pecans to the batter and stir until combined. Pour batter evenly into the pan.
- Place the pan in the 350 degrees oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let pan cool for 5 minutes then poke holes all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour caramel over the brownies and spread into the holes. Place brownies in the fridge for one hour or until the caramel sets.
- FROSTING: Combine the butter, cocoa, corn syrup, and vanilla in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat until smooth. You can add more heavy cream, if needed, for a better spreading consistency.
- Once the caramel has set, frost the brownies with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans, chocolate chips and drizzle with caramel.