Candy Cane Cheesecake! I don’t know if it’s because Christmas is two weeks away or the new snow that fell yesterday. Everything candy cane and red and green appeals to me. Since this is my last day to post this week,
I thought I would end it with a bang! Candy cane cheesecake! It’s not hard but it does take some time to put it together but so worth it in the end!
This is my Christmas card to you! I had a cheer competition, yesterday and I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to finish it but my cute husband helped me!
- 2 cups Oreos crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 - 8 ounce whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chunks candy cane
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 inch spring-form pan with cooking spray and then wrap the bottom with two sheets of tin foil.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Pour crumb mixture into the spring-form pan. Press down to create the crust. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. The chocolate won't be all the way melted but if you continually stir it, it will become smooth.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese,and sugar. Mix well. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the melted chocolate, flour, whipping cream, and peppermint extract. Mix well. Add one egg at a time. Mix until smooth and blended well.
- Add the candy cane chunks.
- Pour mixture into the spring-form pan onto the crust. Place the spring-form pan into a larger roasting pan. Add enough hot water into the roasting pan to reach half way up the sides of the spring-form pan.
- Carefully place in the center of the oven. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Turn off the oven. Keeping the door shut, leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional 45 minutes. Remove and allow to sit for an hour before chilling.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before adding the mousse.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. Let chocolate harden.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, melted white chocolate, cool whip, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Spread topping mixture evenly over the cheesecake. Crush candy canes and sprinkle them on top!