Candy Cane Cheesecake! I don’t know if it’s because Christmas is two weeks away or the new snow that fell yesterday. Everything candy cane and red and green appeals to me. Since this is my last day to post this week,
I thought I would end it with a bang! Candy cane cheesecake! It’s not hard but it does take some time to put it together but so worth it in the end!
This is my Christmas card to you! I had a cheer competition, yesterday and I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to finish it but my cute husband helped me!
- 2 cups Oreos crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 - 8 ounce whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chunks candy cane
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 inch spring-form pan with cooking spray and then wrap the bottom with two sheets of tin foil.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Pour crumb mixture into the spring-form pan. Press down to create the crust. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. The chocolate won't be all the way melted but if you continually stir it, it will become smooth.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese,and sugar. Mix well. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the melted chocolate, flour, whipping cream, and peppermint extract. Mix well. Add one egg at a time. Mix until smooth and blended well.
- Add the candy cane chunks.
- Pour mixture into the spring-form pan onto the crust. Place the spring-form pan into a larger roasting pan. Add enough hot water into the roasting pan to reach half way up the sides of the spring-form pan.
- Carefully place in the center of the oven. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Turn off the oven. Keeping the door shut, leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional 45 minutes. Remove and allow to sit for an hour before chilling.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before adding the mousse.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. Let chocolate harden.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, melted white chocolate, cool whip, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Spread topping mixture evenly over the cheesecake. Crush candy canes and sprinkle them on top!
36 thoughts on “Candy Cane Cheesecake”
I’m a HUGE cheesecake fan and this looks absolutely delicious!!! I have to try it THANK YOU!!!!
I love cheesecake, probably more than any other desert! I have never thought to give it such a minty holiday twist. This looks delicious and the girls and I will have to give it a try!
WOW! The Candy Cane Cheesecake looks delicious.
Once the turkey is gone, I can certainly see this cheesecake taking center stage on the dining room table… The combination of ingredients makes this one sound so yummy and festive. If I have the time, I’m going to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Drooling! This cheesecake looks so good! I have to add it to my ones to bake list! It looks super Christmassy and I love the pictures in the snow!
My own blog is pretty new and would love your opinions if you would like to check it out! http://Www.makesbakesanddecor.com 🙂
We all love cheesecake in my house and this looks absolutely amazing. Fabulous for the festive season and the pictures are just great. Can wait to try. Thanks for the recipe
Kill me now! Ok not literally, but i just want to bake and eat when i read your blog posts. My kids of course would be over the moon, but think i will hold out until they are off school and bake together.
My kids would love this, it looks delicious. They like everything made with candy cane. I have never tried to bake a cheesecake but I think it is time to bake one.
Oh wow! This looks amazing! I love cheesecakes; I bet this is as good as it looks!
Belle | One Awesome Momma
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! What a perfect holiday treat!
Wow! This looks amazing. I’d like I slice right now, and it’s still breakfast time! Yum!
This looks absolutely delicious!
Oh My Gracious!! This looks so fabulous! I’m pinning it to make next week!
This recipe looks delicious! I love mint and my husband’s family loves cheesecake so this will be a great one to try. Thanks!
I’m going to tell my sister about this recipe! She will love it!
I’m going to tell my sister about this recipe! She will love it!
Oh yes please! I love candy canes and cheesecake so I’d love the combo!
Cheesecake is one of my favourite deserts so this looks absolutely incredible. I love the candy cane it is perfect for the festive season.
OH my goodness, yum! Holidays are for recipes such as this 😉
This looks absolutely delicious! The perfect holiday twist on a simple, yet yummy dessert.
Yummy this Sounds delicious! There’s something about using candy cane pieces in Baking that really makes desserts feel Festive!
I have to make this. I have a party this weekend and with the help of my sister in law, we want to make a lot of sweet cakes and cookies for the party.
This looks great! I bet it taste good too!
Oh wow! That Cheesecake looks so festive and delicious. I have a feeling it will be taking center stage at our Christmas Eve dessert table this year.
Oh my goodness! Kids will surely love this Cady Cane Cheesecake! It’s really fantastic!
Love this!! Looks sooo yummy!!
Oh my gosh, this candy cane cheesecake is to die for! I totally love how you decorated it. Also, your pictures look amazing!
When December hits I am all about everything candy cane. I also am a huge lover of cheese cake. This is perfect for me!! It looks so yummy!!!
Oh man. I love peppermint anything!!! My boyfriend isnt too big on it so I dont make a lot of peppermint treats at home since I’d be the only one eating it, but I should make this for the upcoming holiday!
omg so cute! perfect for a holiday party!
This looks especially delightful! It would be a lovely addition to dessert this Christmas or you can also give this as a gift to relatives! It’s really festive and beautiful to look at!
Oh my!!! This looks so delish! A must try!
Have a wonderful Holiday! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
Omg, this looks delicious and amazing. I would love to give it a try
Your recipe has been pinned to our Full Plate Thursday Featured Board and is featured on Full Plate Thursday! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Hope you have a great week and come back soon!