Strawberry Vanilla Cookie Bars
Strawberry Vanilla Cookie Bars! Yesterday, I told you how we always have a swim party at the end of Summer for my husband’s family and of course, food! I don’t know if you’re like me but when I’m trying to make something new and I’m taking it to share with others, I never know if it’s going to turn out as I want it to.
So, that usually means I’m going to make two things, just to have a backup plan. I was lucky, both desserts turned out amazing! The cherry pie bars and strawberry vanilla cookie bars, but out of both of the desserts this one was gone first!
This recipe has so many factors to start a dance party in your mouth, it will make you happy the rest of the day!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin mix, dry
- 1 small package cream cheese instant pudding mix, dry
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8 ounce tub Cool whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 9 cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil until combined. Press dough evenly into prepared pan using a spatula. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool completely before adding frosting.
- CRUMBLE: In a bowl, combine the strawberry gelatin mix, 4 Tablespoons butter, and 1/2 cup flour. Using a fork to mix ingredients together until the crumble forms. In another bowl, combine the cream cheese pudding mix, 4 Tablespoons butter, and 1/2 cup flour. Using a fork to mix ingredients together until crumble forms.
- Spread both the strawberry and vanilla crumble onto a lined cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Check crumble about half through the cooking process and stirring so that the crumble doesn't burn. Place pan in the freezer to cool down the crumble quickly.
- FROSTING: In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and Cool whip blending on high until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost the top of the cooled bars and then sprinkle generously with the crumble on top.