I love the taste of strawberries! Nothing tastes better than having a little strawberry in you life, it screams Spring! Every Sunday, we have dinner with our older kids and you have to have dessert! This is a perfect time for me to try out a new recipe, and get an honest reaction, plus then I don’t have a lot of leftovers for me to eat. This little diddy is a perfect combination of sweet and sour. Seriously, you can’t stop eating it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour cake pans.
- In a large bowl, Cream butter and then add the sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine flour and butter mixture and then stir in the lime juice.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl at a high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in the egg whites into the batter. Gently spoon the batter into prepared pans. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then remove from pans and completely cool.
- Frosting: In a bowl, pour in your whipping cream. With a mixer, whip until the cream starts to peak.
- Mix in sugar and strawberries.