This time of year is crazy, busy and we are all focused on getting things ready for Christmas. I’m giving you permission to take a moment and spoil yourself by having an amazing dinner or even having a date night with your sweetie!
I’m not a big shrimp lover but my son Zac, loves to bring me new ideas for the blog, and I totally love that he does that. Everyone in the family that loves shrimp totally loved this dish! If you are like me, and you don’t enjoy shrimp, substitute the shrimp for chicken, and bam, you will love it too!
- Melt the butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the flour and stir continuously to make a roux.
- Stir the roux over the medium heat until it’s the color of peanut butter, it will take 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic to the roux, and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and season with all the seasonings listed. Cook the tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes and then whisk in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Let cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp to the pot, stir to evenly distribute. Cook the shrimp for 5 to 7 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Add the chopped parsley to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over white rice and garnish with the sliced green onions.
Honey Garlic Shrimp Tacos With Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
6 thoughts on “Shrimp Etouffee”
very nice. i will try
I had this so often when I was in New Orleans. So good. I have not tried to make it at home, until now. thanks for the recipe.
Thanks for sharing at Wake Up Wednesday,
What a great dish!! I love shrimp and this looks amazing!! I will be featuring you this week! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you again this week!! Pinned!
We would just love your Shrimp Etouffee. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
Come Back Soon!
Looks wonderful and seems simple enough to make. Will be giving this a try soon.
From #WHW party.