I can’t believe it! It’s the first day of school, I think I’m going to cry! Yes, I’m one of those crazy moms that miss their kids when they go to school, even if it’s my 5th and 6th child.
Both of my girls got up before the alarm went off and they were super nervous. My Andie and Lisa are both starting new schools this year and so every scenario of things that could go wrong, have been dancing through their heads all night long.
This also means the crazy schedules are about to start and I need to get a game plan ready.
I want my family to eat healthily and have delicious things that remind them of home but time is always a big issue and it’s so easy to get in the habit of running through McDonald’s drive-thru and ordering from the value menu!
I’m in love with the one-skillet meals (+one plate and bowl). So easy to throw together but they are so good!!!!!!! This is a perfect meal for any day of the week and fancy enough for Sunday dinner. Good luck moms!
12 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
4 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/4 inch thick
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup milk
5 teaspoons flour
1 3/4 cups chicken stock
4 to 6 thin lemon slices- this completely depends on how strong you like your lemon.
1 8 ounces package of fresh snap peas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a medium saucepan, place the potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 12 minutes or until tender (not soft). Drain.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken into the pan with the minced garlic. Cook chicken until it is browned on both sides. Place pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or chicken is done. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the stovetop on medium heat. Add a Tablespoon of oil and then add the potatoes with the cut sides down. Cook for 3 minutes or until they are golden brown, and remove potatoes: set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and flour and stir with a whisk until smooth. Add chicken stock to the skillet and slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Add the chicken, potatoes, peas, and lemon slices, reduce heat, and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the peas are crisp and tender.
SKILLET DINNER RECIPES