Sweet Potato Latkes
Baked sweet potato latkes have beautiful crispy edges and are soft inside. They are irresistible served hot with a big dollop of sour cream and some green onions.
One of my favorite things in the world is when I get up in the morning and I’m checking my Facebook and I have a message from my son, Zac, it brightens my day!
It’s especially cool when he sends me new ideas for us to try on the blog because what mom doesn’t want her son thinking about her and the things she is interested in. Zac is an awesome cook and he is always introducing me to styles of cooking that I have never even thought of.
This recipe reminds me of my Grandpa Daniels. When I was little and we would sleepover at his house he would make us breakfast. I loved it when he would make me a potato pancake, it was the best!
This is a twist on that because you will be incorporating the delicious sweet potato into the mix! This is great for any time of the day and your family will love it!
Baked sweet potato latkes
Ingredients: Click to print
1 medium yellow onion
1 pound golden potato
1 pound sweet potato
4 Tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup horseradish- optional
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Put a wire rack on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Grate the onion into a large bowl. Grate both potatoes into the same bowl, grating down the length of the potato to get long strands. Toss the potatoes with the onions as you work to keep them from discoloring.
- Put potato mixture in a clean dish towel and wring out excess liquid. Then place them back into the bowl and toss the potato mixture with flour, salt, and cayenne. Next, stir in the egg.
- In a large heavy skillet heat a 1/4 inch of oil on medium heat. Working in batches, spoon about 1/4 cup of the latke mixture into the skillet, pressing lightly to form 3 inch pancake.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook, turning once, until golden brown. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes for each side. Transfer to the rack in the oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- You can serve them with a dollop of sour cream and if you want to make them spicy throw on some horseradish!
SWEET POTATO RECIPES
12 thoughts on “Delicious Baked Sweet Potato Latkes”
Looks delicious! Can't wait to try these out! Thanks!
Yes please…I want some NOW. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
Oooo I am going to try these with a gluten free flour blend!
You can serve a potato in any way I will devour it, especially if it's a SWEET potato! These look delicious! Pinning for sure! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! 🙂
I found your blog through the Full Plate Thursday 8-27-15 @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage Blog. I have pinned this to my recipe's the try board! Looks so yummy!
Now I know what to do with the sweet potatoes we've had sitting here! Usually I just bake them as is, but I'd love to try something new. Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty link party!
Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great day.
Come Back Soon!
You girls are awesome! These look simply amazing! Thank you for linking up with us at the Tips and Tricks Link Party!
I love this recipe Kimberly. I've never added normal potato to mine but it makes perfect sense. Thanks so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays. I'm featuring this one at tomorrow's party. Thanks for taking the time out to link up each week. (I'm all out of whack with my linking up to parties due to the wedding plans. Hopefully I'll get back to your wonderful party very soon.)
These sound so good! Pinned! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!