Warm Chicken Mango Sweet Potato Salad! I think a lot of times I forget about salads in the Winter because I don’t think of them being a hot dish. I have had a cold the past few weeks and haven’t wanted to eat anything. When I finally went for an outing out of my house, I couldn’t think of anything that I would want to put into my mouth. Let me introduce Warm Chicken Mango Sweet Potato Salad.
I realized that I needed to refuel my body or I wasn’t going to get better, I grabbed a salad from a local restaurant. After one bite, it was apparent that my body was craving healthy, fresh food. I completely devoured that poor little salad!
It was a light bulb moment! I couldn’t wait to get into the kitchen and create something so delicious but would completely make my body feel loved.
I love the mixture of warm, and full of flavor ingredients that when layered with other ingredients build something amazing! This salad is so pleasing to your taste buds but beautiful to look at!
- 1 warm rotisserie chicken, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 sweet potato, cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 Spring mix
- 1 cup kale
- 1 mango, diced
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded if desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- . On a baking sheet, toss together the sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, plus a pinch of both salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the potatoes tender.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spring mix, kale, avocado, cucumber, mango, feta, fries, and chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette (recipe follows).
- Vinaigrette instructions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. The vinaigrette can be made a few days in advance and kept in the fridge.
It’s time to embrace Winter! Enjoy!