I’m so excited for summer! There is always something going on that I love to share a new recipe with people I love! It might be Sunday dinner or a neighborhood potluck! Food seems to bring people together.
We have all cooked and eaten potatoes but small variations change the whole flavor of the potato. This recipe got two thumbs up from all my family members and it has been put in the “do it again” category!
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pack of bacon
3 to 4 pounds new red potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Parmesan cheese
4 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place clean potatoes in a large pot of water, and cover the potatoes with 2 to 3 inches of water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are firm but a little tender. Remove potatoes from water and let cool. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy. Keep the bacon grease. Place bacon onto a plate covered with paper towels, so it can soak up the grease, and let cool. Break bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Once the potatoes of cooled cut each potato into quartered pieces. Brush cookie sheet with olive oil and half of the bacon drippings.
- Place the potatoes onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Rotate potatoes halfway through the baking process.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees, turn potatoes over and sprinkle with bacon, green onions, and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are evenly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley. Now Enjoy!