Do You Love Mashed Potatoes? Me too! It’s my comfort food! Well, we have been trying to eat healthier since the beginning of the year. Since then, I have been in search of a lighter version of my all-time favorite!
This recipe is lighter than your usual recipe and it tastes so good! You won’t go back to your heavy cream recipe!
- 4 to 6 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- a pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large pot, put potatoes with salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add the garlic, sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher, mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with the green onions.