Lean Garlic Mashed Potatoes
This Lean Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe is lighter than your usual recipe and it tastes so good! You won’t go back to your heavy cream recipe!
Do You Love Mashed Potatoes? Me too! It’s my comfort food! Well, we have been trying to eat healthier since the beginning of the year. Since then, I have been in search of a lighter version of my all-time favorite!
- 4 to 6 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- a pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large pot, put potatoes with salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add the garlic, sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher, mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with the green onions.