One Skillet Honey Sesame Chicken! This sesame chicken is crispy chicken pieces tossed in a sweet and savory honey sesame sauce. This version is even better than what you would get at a restaurant!
On Sunday, we always have some of our cute kids for dinner. I love it because it doesn’t matter how big they get, they are still your babies. The only problem I have is that they all have different tastes in food! I have really daring kids and kids that love the safe choices. My Ben comes every other Sunday and he always claims we have the best food when he’s not there.
The crazy thing is, he was my hand model in the BBQ Chicken Dip and that’s one of the recipes he says, we ate without him.
The other problem, lots of dishes with that many mouths to feed! That’s why I have been loving the one-skillet meals, fewer dishes! My husband is my hardest critique to please and always gives me his opinion if he likes it or if it’s ready to share with you. This one got two thumbs up! I’m excited for you to try it and I hope you love it as much as we did!
Ingredients: Click to Print
8 Chicken thighs
2 Tablespoons butter
5 green onion, sliced
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons ketchup
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients with a whisk and then set aside.
- In an ovenproof skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons butter on medium heat. Place the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown.
- With a pair of tongs, dip your chicken pieces into the sauce and return them back to the skillet. Pour remaining sauce on top of the chicken.
- Place skillet into the oven and cook until completely done. It will take about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions on top of the dish and then enjoy!