Strawberries are seriously the best spring and summer treat! We also love chocolate, especially on those rough days! These were way good and super simple. Not a lot of work, but make sure you share this someone you like! It was way bigger than what we expected! Enjoy!!
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk chocolate Guittard chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups half and half cream
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon sugar
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1. In a kitchenaid, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and sugar.
2. Add in butter and chocolate chips until crumbly. Add half and half until well mixed.
3. Divide dough into 16 patties about 3/4 inch thick. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with tablespoon of sugar.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes.
5. Assemble with cake, strawberries, cool whip, hot fudge and then repeat.