This strawberry poke cake is fresh, fruity, and easy for a fun snack cake or even a birthday cake!
Today is a beautiful day at my house! It rained cats and dogs all weekend and now my grass is finally looking green and it feels like Spring!
We love strawberries around my house and this is the perfect time of year for strawberry recipes. Do you ever make something and you don’t know how it’s going to work out? This is how I felt about this!
I know there is a lot of poke cake recipes out there but I wanted to take it up a notch. I always enlist the help of my whole family as the test panel and believe me, they tell me exactly what they think!
From the first taste, it was apparent that we had a winner. This is so light and fluffy that it melts in your mouth! It was seriously gone in one day. Super easy to make but people will rave about this when you take it to your next BBQ.
Ingredients: Click to print
1 box white cake mix, (and the ingredients called for to make it on the box)
1 cup boiling water
1 ( 3ounce) packet Strawberry Jello
1 cup of cold water
1 (3 ounces) box Strawberry Jello, dry
1 (3 ounces) package cheesecake instant pudding mix, dry
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup flour, divided
8 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 (8 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- Bake the cake according to the box directions in a 9x 13 pan. When the cake is done, let completely cool.
- While the cake is cooling, boil the water in a pan over medium heat. Add the Jello to the boiling water and stir until the Jello is completely dissolved then stir in the cold water.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the cake, Pour the Jello evenly over the top of the cake. The top will be completely pink!
- Cover cake and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Make Crumble: While the cake is in the fridge, cooling, you can make your crumble. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl combine the strawberry Jello, 4 Tablespoons butter, and a 1/2 cup flour. Using a fork, mix the ingredients together until crumble forms. In another bowl, combine the cheesecake pudding mix, 4 Tablespoons butter, and a 1/2 cup flour. Again, using the fork to mix all the ingredients until the crumble forms.
- Spread both the strawberry and cheesecake crumble on to the lined cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Check the crumble at 5 minutes, stirring so that the crumble doesn’t burn. Place pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool down the crumble. With a fork break up the crumble.
- Frosting: In a large, bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and Cool whip until the frosting is light and fluffy. Frost the top of the cake and then sprinkle the crumble on top. Now it’s time to enjoy your strawberry poke cake!
POKE CAKE RECIPES
This Skinny Orange Poke Cake is awesome for when you want a dessert, without all of the calories. It doesn’t taste like a low-calorie cake at all either!
Banana Poke Cake Has All The Flavors Of Banana Cream Pie, Just In Cake Form. With Layers Of Banana Cake, Pudding, Cream, Bananas, And Vanilla Wafers, It’s Sure To Be A Hit!
Who doesn’t love a Poke Cake? I love making poke cakes because they are super easy! Combine Oreos to the mix and you have a happy family! Let me introduce you to Oreo Poke Cake.