I have a really hard time turning down cookies because I LOVE cookies!!!!!
Especially, anything that includes white chocolate in the mix. This cookie has a little hint of orange that is the perfect combination of flavors.
When I make a new recipe, I always give half of them away so we don’t roll away because we have been making so many treats. Lisa shared them with her friends family and they gave them two thumbs up!!!! Seriously, people will rave when you share these cookies with your family or friends!
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 Tablespoons orange zest
2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine butter, shortening and the sugars until light and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well blended. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoon shaped cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Do not flatten cookies; that will make them dry.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Do not overcook!
- Cool for a couple of minutes on cookie sheet before removing from the cookie sheet.
Tip: Using 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening will make your cookies more chubby, instead of a flat cookie!