Let me introduce to you the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe! They are supremely soft, chewy, and buttery. Not to mention it’s loaded with chocolate chips, easy to make, and downright delicious!
Lisa loves chocolate chip cookies! Not just a little bit but there is a true love going on. She will text me from school and ask me to make cookies. I have tweaked a lot of recipes in the past and thought they were pretty darn good but they don’t compare to this recipe. It’s a keeper!
- 1 stick of butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Using a separate mixing bowl, either with a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugars on medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy and a pale yellow color, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally as needed. Add egg and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredient mixture, and beat on medium-low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, until they are evenly combined.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour, or until it is chilled through. Then once the batch of dough is completely chilled, remove it from the refrigerator. Scoop out and roll dough balls that are 1-inch in diameter. Then place the dough balls on a baking sheet that is covered with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crispy and the tops of the cookies are very lightly golden. The centers may look slightly under-cooked.
- Remove the cookies and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
You will become the hero of your home! Enjoy!!
Check out a few of my other favorite cookie recipes!