We are cookie monsters at our house! I don’t think there is a cookie that we have met that we didn’t like! It blows my mind because when we started the blog we had our favorite stand bys and didn’t really venture out of our safe zone but now, we can’t just have the same old favorites! How can you go wrong with a cookie that has chocolate, caramel, coconut? Seriously, I’m in my happy place!
- Cookies and Toasted Coconut: In a bowl, cream together the butter, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and sugar. Slowly add the sifted ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Shape dough into a disc, and cover in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. While the dough is chilling, place the coconut onto a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Coconut burns easily, so keep an eye on it! Set the coconut aside and turn the oven up to 350 degrees.
- Take the chilled dough out of the fridge, and roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter ( I used the lid from a mason jar) that has been lightly floured, cut out cookies and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Use something smaller to cut out the inner circle ( I used a medicine bottle).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cupboard.
- Coconut Caramel Filling: Either you can make your own caramel or you can use store bought caramels. Once the caramel is ready, stir in the toasted coconut.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread the caramel mixture on top. Let topping set for about 20 minutes for the topping to harden up.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place your chocolate chips and vegetable oil, and cook for about 1 minute and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle some of the chocolate onto the cookie sheet and then dip the bottom of each cookie into the chocolate. Set upside down onto where you were letting them cool, and let the chocolate dry. Once dried, turn over and drizzle chocolate on the top of the cookie!