Twix Cookies are a soft sugar cookie crust, with a creamy caramel on top which is topped with milk chocolate. This delicious cookie explodes with Twix flavor and is super fun to make! Skip the candy bar and make your own!
I love a good Twix just like anyone I know, but have you tried making them at home? Twix Cookies are my absolute favorite dessert and they are not to difficult to make!
I should never make these unless I have people to give them all away to. I think I gave away 12 and then ate the rest which is not good for me at all. I have no idea how many calories are in each of these, but I’m betting it’s a lot. These are very rich and you can only eat one, maybe two at a time.
- 1 3/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 can Eagle brand sweet and condensed milk
- 1 can of brown sugar (using the Eagle brand can to measure)
- 1 can Karo syrup ( 8 ounces)
- Your favorite bag of Milk Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the kitchen aid cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour, and salt until it is combined.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- With a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. While baking, in a saucepan combine all the ingredients for the caramel. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until you can drop in ice water and it forms a firm ball of caramel. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- After the cookies cooled, spread slightly warm caramel on top.
- Microwave chocolate chips for 30 sec and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate stirs smooth.
- Top the caramel with the chocolate. Allow to cool completely!