Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is literally done in less than 20 minutes, and one pan! It has all the flavor of your traditional pot pie but the noodles are a delicious twist that you will love!
I absolutely love Chicken Pot Pie! I love it in traditional form, soup, casserole, do I need to say more? I made this today and it’s just what the doctor ordered! You know those one dishes that make you happy? This is one of them! For so many reasons!!!!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- PROTEIN: I always use a rotisserie chicken when I’m making this kind of dish. It saves you so much time and has such great flavor. If you don’t have this available, you can use can chicken or you can cook up a couple of chicken breasts. You can also use Turkey or go completely veggie!
- PASTA: Use the noodles that you have available in your panty. If you are buying some, look for noodles that have ridges to capture the sauce.
- VEGGIES: We used carrots, peas, and onion, but this would be so good with corn, zucchini or your favorite veggie.
- CRUNCH: Looking for some crunch? Sprinkle some bread crumbs on top and place in the oven with the broiler on until the bread crumbs crunch up!
- 10 ounces noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into small cubes
Cook noodles al dente, according to package directions.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and peas and carrots; season with the salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in the flour until combined.
Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add to the skillet, along with the chicken. Taste and season with a touch more salt and pepper, if necessary.
Did you try our Skillet Chicken Pot Pie recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
SKILLET DINNERS LOVE MOMS
You can have a fabulous dish on the table in less than 30 minutes while using one skillet! Perfect for any busy family or for a special occasion.
Nestled under moist, buttery cornbread layer is a flavorful beef that is smothered in a zesty sauce. So easy to make and perfect on those busy nights!
Quick and Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. Who loves lasagna? This dish only takes 30 MINUTES ! It’s the perfect comfort food in one pan! It’s cheesy and full of flavor and so much easier than make than traditional lasagna. After you try this skillet recipe you will never make it any other way!