Brisket Tacos were a last minute miracle! These turned out to be so flavorful and delicious!
We had a party before Christmas Eve and it was super busy at the store and we couldn’t find flank steak or skirt steak anywhere. We went to three stores looking, finally we found some brisket and decided to go with it.
Then the next morning we decide we better do some research before we cooked it. We had already cut it up into 2 inch by 2 inch strips and then marinated it. Then we realized that it is significantly more fat to render in the brisket and so this is what we did!
- 2 oranges, freshly squeezed
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/4 cup roasted diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Trim the brisket by cutting off all of the hard fat and trimming the soft fat so there is only 1/4 inch of it.
- Then cut into 2 inch by 2 inch cubes. Pour the marinade over the top of the meat and marinade overnight.
- Then the next morning preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until it reaches close to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Then we threw it on the grill to char it up a little.
- Let the meat rest for at least 20 minutes and then chopped into little pieces.
Did you try our Brisket Tacos? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
How can you go wrong when you have Fried Chicken, Street Corn in a taco? Oh did I mention that it’s topped off with Jalapeno Lime Ranch? You’re Welcome!
This is a copycat of the Taco Bell classic! Crunchy tortillas, refried beans, seasoned perfectly hamburger, and loads of ooey, gooey melted cheese!
Dinner tonight should be tacos, it should always be tacos! Barbecue Mango Fish Tacos are the best tacos you will ever make at home!