Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
This is a copycat of the Taco Bell classic! Crunchy tortillas, refried beans, seasoned perfectly hamburger, and loads of ooey, gooey melted cheese!
We have had a dilemma at our house for quite awhile. Taco Bell stop making Mexican pizzas! My 19 year old was devastated to say the least but realized she couldn’t do anything about it. She had to be happy with normal tacos and burritos. It so was hard! lol!
Then all of sudden Taco Bell saw the error of their ways and reintroduced Mexican pizza back to their menu. The cries of happiness could be heard through my house. But again, Taco Bell fell short……..they were short of the supplies to make these glorious morsels. I know, right!?!
So it was left up to me to satisfy my daughter’s cravings! And I did! She claims this recipe is better. You know how it is, homemade is always better!!
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
DO I HAVE TO USE A CERTAIN SIZE OF TORTILLA?
No! You can use the taco or burrito size. In fact, you can use the flour tortilla or corn if you prefer.
do i have to fry the tortillas?
No! You can use your air fryer or even bake the tortilla shells before assembling the pizza.
You can stick with the traditional recipe or you can jazz it up! Here are a few suggestions.
- Use Chicken instead of hamburger.
- Add a little jalapeno for spice.
- Use corn tortilla instead of the flour tortillas.
- Add your favorite veggies and make a vegetarian version.
- Use black beans instead of refried beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) refried beans
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 flour tortillas, taco size
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, make sure to break up into small pieces. Once there's no pink in the meat, drain excess liquid. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a skillet pour half of the oil into the pan. Heat over medium high heat. Add tortillas and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping frequently, until crisp. Repeat with remaining tortillas and oil.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the refried beans evenly over the bottom of each tortilla. Top with healthy helping of taco meat.
- Place another tortilla over the top of the meat. Spread about 2 Tbsp. of enchilada sauce evenly over the tortilla. Divide tomatoes evenly over the top of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer over the top.
- Place each pizza on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is hot.
- You can add diced green onions, tomatoes or jalapenos.
- Slice and serve.
Did you try our Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
QUICK AND EASY RECIPES
Who doesn’t love a good Philly Cheese Steak? Combine that with Sloppy Joes, you have a match made in heaven! This can be to your table in 30 minutes and instantly it will be your families favorite. The melted cheese makes these sloppy joes over the top, good!
Taco Bell Inspired Crunch Wrap Copycat. I don’t love Mexican food, but I can get 100% behind eating a Taco Bell a.m. Crunch Wrap, basically every morning.
If you think all BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich are the same, you would be wrong. Making a Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich is easy enough and this sandwich recipe will take taste buds to a happy place.