Maple Glazed Carrots
By using only a few ingredients, you can whip up a batch of Maple Glazed Carrots. The flavor is amazing! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or any holiday feast!
If you are like me, you are starting to prep for Thanksgiving. We always try to have our favorite dishes but it’s always fun to introduce something new! We have our old standbys, I have to have stuffing! It’s my ultimate favorite. It’s easy to look over the veggies on Thanksgiving because it’s a day you are supposed to eat your favorites.
My son always loves to teases me that he only remembers having boiled carrots growing up…..which isn’t true, but if it was, this would be a delicious twist. This is a delicious and easy way to make this a star of any meal!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- You can use unpeeled carrots that will give you a more textural dimension and saves time, but if that freaks you out, go ahead and peel!
- You can get more skinny carrots that are whole that you don’t have to cut and that will maximize the caramelization.
- For a little bite, you can sprinkle red pepper flakes on top.
- Go ahead and garnish with your favorite nut, to give it more layers of flavor. I used pumpkin seeds.
- You can drizzle the carrots after they have cooked with extra maple for more intense flavor.
- Adding 2 Tablespoons of orange juice and 1 teaspoon of orange zest will give it a light citrus flavor.
- 6 large carrots or 12 thin carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Sea salt, generously
- Italian seasoning, sprinkle (optional)
- Chopped parsley, or nuts, to garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice carrots in half lengthways and place on a baking sheet.
Mix olive oil and maple syrup together in a small bowl, and brush generously over carrots to coat them.
Sprinkle over salt and Italian seasoning.
Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes until carrots are tender, flipping once halfway through.
Serve on a large plate, decorated with chopped parsley if desired.
Did you try our Maple Glazed Carrots recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE SIDE DISHES
Hasselback potatoes are sliced thinly and roasted to a crispy, golden brown heaven. It looks so fancy with such an easy trick. Perfect side dish for any meal!
Are you ready to take a delicious buttermilk cornbread recipe to another level? This from scratch recipe beats it’s competition with roasted fresh corn, buttermilk, butter, and cornmeal. The cherry on top is the honey garlic sauce!
Roasted Potatoes and Veggie Blend is the perfect side to any dinner or lunch.