Tomato Parm Soup
This Tomato Parm Soup is as easy as pie! Perfect one pan meal that will make your family happy any night of the week! It takes less than 30 minutes to make!
I swear when the first leaf falls this time of year, all I can think about is soup! On Sunday, was my birthday dinner and when I was asked by my family what I wanted…..you guessed it, soup!
It tastes amazing any time of year but for some reason, it fits perfectly with Fall! It doesn’t hurt that it only takes minutes to make, one pan, and only 30 minutes! It’s a mom’s dream!
TIPS AND TRICKS
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST IN THE FRIDGE? Store it in an airtight container and it should keep up to 4 to 5 days.
CAN I FREEZE IT? Yes! Please make sure it is completely cool before pouring it in an airtight container or freezer bags. It should keep up to 3 months.
GARNISHES: A dab of your favorite pesto sauce can bring out the flavors. Sprinkle a little extra Parmesan cheese, a dollop of sour cream, or crackers.
CREAM? If you don’t want to use heavy cream, you can substitute it for almond milk, coconut milk or even a little more chicken broth.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15 oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a stockpot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add Italian seasoning, chilli flakes, and flour and whisk to combine. Cook 1 more minute.
- Add stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, and tortellini. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until tortellini is cooked.
- Add the cream and Parmesan and stir to combine. Add spinach and let wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Did you try our Tomato Parm Soup recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Nothing is better in cold weather than grilled cheese sandwiches and homemade tomato soup!
Shepherd’s Pie Soup recipe has all the elements on your favorite pie! It’s comes together so easy and is perfect for Winter nights. It will make you happy and give you the warm fuzzies all the way down to your toes!
This Beef and Wild Rice Soup recipe will become a family favorite – and it’s definitely one of mine! It’s creamy and flavorful loaded with juicy beef, hearty wild rice, carrots, celery, onion and garlic for a symphony of goodness in every bite.