Perfect Oven Ribs
These are the Perfect Oven Ribs in case you don’t want to pull out the smoker.
We love ribs at our house, but sometimes we just don’t want to pull out the smoker since it’s buried in the back of our garage. We don’t have a good place for it on our back patio so here we are. We just want them juicy and delicious. Here’s how we get the perfect ribs in the oven and a little help from our propane grill.
- 1 rack of St. Louis cut ribs
- Favorite BBQ Rub, Ours is Sweet Rub ‘O Mine, to taste
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Favorite BBQ sauce, We used Kinder’s Gold
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep your ribs, pull the membrane off the back of the ribs and pat dry.
- Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper all over both sides of the ribs. Then, cover both sides with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Place on a pan, meat side up. Cook for about 45 minutes.
- Then when the 45 minutes is almost up, pull out some heavy duty tinfoil. Pull out the ribs and place on the tinfoil evenly cover butter, brown sugar and honey on both sides. Put the ribs meat side down on the foil and then wrap tight. Put back on the pan, meat side down and lower the temp to 250 degrees. Bake for about another 3 hours, you’ll be able to see the ribs poking out of the meat.
- Once the meat is down in the oven, preheat the grill on medium high. Turn off the burners on one side and grill on the indirect heat. Brush BBQ sauce on the side that’s up, which I grill the top side first. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, come out and flip over and brush on more barbecue sauce and cook another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let Rest and then cut the ribs and serve.
Did you try our Perfect Oven Ribs? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
OVEN LOVIN’ RECIPES
Oven Baked Crispy BBQ Chicken is a product of my current cravings for barbecue. This recipe does not disappoint, my husband loved it!
I saw this on Pinterest once but didn’t believe it would actually work. The other night I was feeling way to lazy to husk my corn though so instead I decided to give this a try and I am so glad I did!!