Beef and Cheese Burritos
Beef and Cheese Burritos are high protein lunch that freezes great and are awesome for anytime!
Working on high protein and low fat lunch ideas that I can take to work and and that aren’t much effort. These are absolutely amazing to have on hand.
Yesterday, I pulled one out of the freezer cooked it in the microwave for 4 minutes and then seared it in the pan. It was like I had just made it. I’m not super into spicy food so this is a mild burrito but it’s still absolutely delicious.
- 6 carb balanced burrito tortillas
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 pack of your favorite taco seasoning, (I use taco bell mild)
- 120 grams 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 72 grams (2 wedges) Light Laughing Cow Cheese
- 400 grams Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 525 grams Cilantro Lime Rice
- In a skillet on medium heat, brown the ground beef. Once cooked through add in taco seasoning according to the packaging. Add the water and allow to thicken and then set aside.
- I cooked my cilantro lime rice in my rice cooker. Use the recipe on loulougirls.com, so do this now.
- Meanwhile, mix together the meat with the cheeses and the greek yogurt. Then assemble your burritos.
- I weighed everything so that I could distribute it evenly and then wrap tightly.
- Enjoy just the way they are or on medium heat sear both sides to make it crunchy.
Did you try our Beef and Cheese Burritos? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Best Pollo Asado Marinade ever! I love this marinade so much! You will not regret making this tonight!
Easy Roasted Mexican Street Corn on the Cob! Who needs to find a street vender selling corn? You can make your own delicious Mexican Street Corn in your own oven or on your grill!
Hello old friend. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are one of our family’s favorite recipes. Here’s a new twist on our old recipe!