French Toast Sticks
This will quickly become your family’s favorite breakfast! This is French toast on steroids. You will never go back to normal French Toast again!!!
Almost every Saturday, me and my husband go for a ride. It’s our time to be alone and have a chance to go over things that have happened through the week. It’s a really cheap date! We grab our Diet Coke from Sonic and a lot time we get get French Toast sticks too.
I always thought what a yummy little breakfast and a nice change from your ordinary breakfast. The other day we decided that we needed to try this at home and boy, am I glad we did!
It’s as easy as traditional French Toast but just has a twist! It’s battered and deep fried! My husband, who doesn’t usually love French Toast, decided this was such a decadent way to make this dish.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- If you are making this for a crowd, preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Place the sticks on a sheet pan after fried and keep them warm while you cook the rest of the sticks.
- When serving for brunch, double the recipe.
- You can make these babies and then freeze them for a later date. Just make sure they are cooled all the way before placing in a airtight container. Then you can microwave them when needed.
- If you want to perk it up a little, add a little orange or lemon zest.
- Make sure your sticks are warm when you dip them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- We used Texas toast but any heavy bread would work.
- We cut off the crust but you can leave it on if you prefer.
- cinnamon sugar mixture:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- For the French toast sticks:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 slices Texas Toast each cut into 4 strips
- 2 quarts vegetable oil or any other neutral oil
- Serve with your favorite syrup
Fry until golden brown on one side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip each stick and continue to cook until golden brown on the second side sides. Drain on paper towels and immediately roll in cinnamon sugar topping.
Repeat the steps until done. Serve with berries, whip cream and syrup if desired.
Did you try our French Toast Sticks recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
BREAKFAST IS CALLING YOUR NAME
Getting a little creative here, Breakfast Pizza, you heard me. It’s a great way to wake up in the morning.
All the delicious flavor of the traditional dish but nestled all together into a mouth watering breakfast casserole.