There are times when we just love having breakfast foods for dinner. A few Sundays ago that was the case! My husband was so excited to try new recipes so we could share it with you! Let me tell you, he is really picky about what I put on the blog!! There are times that I make something and he will say, ” that is not up to the blog standard”!
Now you know, we don’t put everything we make on the blog because Mikie won’t have it! At the Lewis home, when we are making breakfast potatoes, they are usually smothered in cheese, but not this time! This recipe is more focused on the flavors of the veggies and it was a nice change.
Potatoes are one of my all-time favorite breakfast food and my husband is the best at making them! I guess it’s one of my comfort foods. This recipe is so easy to make but so full of flavor.
- 4 to 5 potatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- green bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover entirely with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Place the potatoes on a cutting board and dice them into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, on a medium heat, cook the pieces of the bacon until it's crispy, then remove pieces, and let me cool. Add the vegetable oil to the pan, be careful! Place the onions in the skillet and saute until they start to turn brown and at this point throw in the garlic and pepper.
- Add the diced potatoes. Stir well and keep cooking until you start having crispy edges. Crumble the bacon pieces and add. Add salt and pepper as you cook the potatoes.