Apple Cranberry Coleslaw
Coleslaw isn’t boring anymore! This Apple Cranberry Coleslaw is so easy to make, and is covered with a sweet and tangy dressing. Perfect for any occasion!
Now that we are in the throws of the holidays, most of us are bouncing from party to another. For me, it’s always easy to think about the main dishes but I’m always looking for a side that is light and balances out the meal. This is it!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Coleslaw: I used the bag of coleslaw but you can make your own slaw mix to make it more fresh.
- Leftovers: You can leave leftovers in the fridge for a few days but you might need to stir before serving.
- Apples: I used Granny Smith apples for the tang but if you want to go for a more sweet salad, use a Fuji.
- Cranberries: If you don’t want to use cranberries, you can use raisins.
- Add ons: You can also add a little pear or any other Fall fruit to jazz it up!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl toss together cabbage, carrots, apples, onion, almonds and cranberries. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately for best results.
Did you try our Apple Cranberry Coleslaw recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S HEAR FOR THE SALADS
This Fresh Fruit Cream salad is the perfect dish to compliment any feast. A creamy mixture of berries, cottage cheese, and Jell-O. It only takes minutes to make and is super yummy!
There’s nothing like a backyard bbq with some delicious burgers, lip smacking baked beans, and grandma’s potato salad recipe. The combination of those three things together equal summer at our house!
The PERFECT Salad recipe! You need to save this recipe! It’s made with fresh spring salad, cheese, flavorful bacon, sweet grapes, blue cheese crumbles and it’s all tossed with a fresh, sweet balsamic vinaigrette.