Fresh Fruit Cream Salad
This Fresh Fruit Cream salad is the perfect dish to compliment any feast. A creamy mixture of berries, cottage cheese, and Jell-O. It only takes minutes to make and is super yummy!
I’m always looking to find something that is a little different from the rest of the dinner. It feels like you have to mix it up. This fruity salad is perfect for that. If you are having a heavy meal it’s nice to have something a little bit more light.
My youngest daughter is always the hardest to please. She has her favorite dishes and if you try to make something new it usually flops. She could not stop eating this! I know, it’s a no brainer for the rest of us but this is a big deal!!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- STORAGE: This salad will last in the fridge for only a couple a days. It tends to start separating.
- COOL WHIP: Cool whip is the best base for this salad but you can use homemade whipped cream. It won’t be as stable but if you add a little gelatin to it, it should be fine.
- VARIATIONS: You can mix up the fruit you use or even the Jell-O. I would suggest using fruit that compliments each other.
- COTTAGE CHEESE: If you don’t like the texture of cottage cheese, you can leave it out.
- LIGHTER VERSION: If you want to cut down on calories, just use the sugar free version of the Cool Whip, Jell-O, and I don’t think you will even be able to taste a difference!
Fresh Fruit Cream Salad
- 1 small container of cottage cheese
- 1 small package Jell-O strawberry, raspberry
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 small container strawberries washed & cut
- 1 small container blackberries washed
- 1 small container raspberries washed
- 1 small container blueberries washed
In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese and dry Jell-O in a bowl.
Fold in whipped topping.
Gently fold in all the fresh fruit. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Did you try our Fresh Fruit Cream Salad recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Give this recipe a try!
Pistachio Salad is a mouth watering salad recipe made with pineapple, marshmallows, cool whip, and pistachio pudding mix.
Chimichurri Potato Salad is full of fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil! It will make mayo haters, and people who just want something different so happy.
2 thoughts on “Fresh Fruit Cream Salad”
That looks yummie! But I have no idea what cool whip is and I don’t think we have Jell O over here (Belgium, Europe). So I will have to enjoy it by looking at it 😉
thank you! you can use whipped cream and any kind of gelatin!