The PERFECT Salad recipe! You need to save this recipe! It’s made with fresh spring salad, cheese, flavorful bacon, sweet grapes, blue cheese crumbles and it’s all tossed with a fresh, sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
We had our first official BBQ of the season! It felt so good to be outside and so fun to watch the kids play! My cute daughter, Jessica, brought this amazing salad and I had to share it with you!
Salad Vegetables Options
When you make a salad, remember to combine juicy and sturdy veggies for a perfect combination.
- Juicy – tomatoes, cucumbers,
- Crunchy – bell peppers, radish, celery,
- Sweet – roasted butternut squash, fruits, berries
- Colorful – beets, purple cabbage, shredded carrot
- Flavorful – onions (green/red/white), fresh herbs
TIPS ON MAKING THE PERFECT SALAD:
- Remember to chill the dressing. It helps thicken it up and helps your cold salad stay cold. If you want to be fancy, serve it on cold plates.
- You need to rinse your greens. Even if you have a bag of greens, it is a good idea to wash them.
- If you have added the dressing to the salad, serve immediately. You can also have the dressing to the side to let your guests decide how much dressing they want.
The Perfect Salad Recipe
1 bag spring salad mix
1 bag spring mix
6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
1/2 cup grapes, cut in half
1 large granny smith apple, chopped
1/2 cup toasted pecans or almonds, optional
5 oz. gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbled or if you aren’t a blue cheese lover, you can use feta
The Perfect Salad Recipe
1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup sugar
3 T balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp. dry mustard or a little squeeze of Dijon mustard
a pinch of pepper
Whisk dressing ingredients until sugar and oil are blended.
If you plan on serving the entire salad, go ahead and add the dressing a little at a time, blending until you reach desired amount. If not, keep dressing separate and add individually.
THIS IS A THICKER DRESSING and is easy to adjust. If you like less sweet, reduce the sugar. I make it as is – it’s perfect for this salad.
Did you try The PERFECT Salad recipe? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
CRAVING SALADS? WE GOT YOU!
Want to try something special? You need to make Japanese Potato Salad for your next potluck dinner. The potatoes are mashed, combined with crunchy carrots, cucumbers, green onions, corn and tossed with a zesty mustard-vinegar-mayo dressing. A really great potato salad that has become our go-to!
Grape Salad Recipe is simple and can be easily prepared on a whim. An easy recipe with very few ingredients, even those who think they can’t cook can prepare this!
Looking for a salad that is packed with flavor? Your search is over!! Mexican Street Corn Salad does that!