Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Another quick and easy dinner idea is Sweet and Sour Meatballs. They are a nice change to the usual spaghetti and meatballs.
I’m looking for dinners that I can do quickly and hopefully with one hand. Ellie wants to be held while I’m cooking usually and it takes talent. I like to try new recipes and to keep variety in my life. Dinner this week has been hectic.
I feel like I can not keep up with all of the things that I need to do right now. We are really trying to eat home instead of eating out. My kids like rice and meatballs so this will be definite winner/staple in our family!
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 30 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (about 15 ounces)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, save the juice. Add water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour liquid into a large skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir the mixture until it is smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until it thickens, stirring constantly. Add the pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, until heated through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve on top of rice.
Did you try our Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
QUICK AND EASY RECIPES
Quick and easy recipe for those nights where there isn’t time to make that fancy dinner! Pressure Cooker Country Ribs are an amazing option!
Quick and Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. Who loves lasagna? This dish only takes 30 MINUTES ! It’s the perfect comfort food in one pan! It’s cheesy and full of flavor and so much easier than make than traditional lasagna. After you try this skillet recipe you will never make it any other way!
Quick Italian Rolls! If you’re like me you totally forgot to make something to go with dinner. Rolls sound so good but are there enough time for them to rise or thaw or both?
Quick Italian Rolls are your solution. These rolls take just about an hour and a half to make and they are amazing!