Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
This easy and comforting Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes are made in less than 30 minutes and instantly became a family favorite. The flavor combination and melted cheese makes these sloppy joes irresistible!
I love a good cheese steak and we do love our sloppy joes! If this sounds like you, this recipe was made for you!
Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe
This Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe is delicious and VERY frugal friendly. I am giving you a double recipe to help with busy nights.
You can make 2 pounds worth and freeze the other pound in a freezer bag. Then you have another dinner ready that only needs to be heated through! If you only want to do that, double the recipe.
Tips to Make the Perfect Sloppy Joe:
I do love a good sloppy Joe and this Philly cheese steak sloppy Joe is one of my favorites! My kids love it and since it is so easy to make it is a keeper. Sloppy joes just have that comforting appeal as well as a quick and easy dish that have pantry ingredients. Sloppy joes are one of our favorites and I have learned how to make the perfect sloppy Joe.
Here are some tips to help create the best sloppy Joe:
- Cooking Ground Beef: It is best to have your pan hot before adding the ground beef. This will help the ground beef cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Cheese: Use the thinly sliced provolone cheese for best results on melting and getting the most flavor for a philly cheese steak sloppy Joe. You can also use shredded cheese and melt it over top of the philly cheese steak mixture before adding it to the buns, or you can toast the buns in the oven and melt the cheese onto the bun.
- Vegetables: If you aren’t a big pepper fan you can add in fresh mushrooms, canned tomatoes or shredded carrots.
- Broth: I highly recommend sticking with beef broth for the added flavoring but if you are a chicken or vegetable stock lover these will work great too.
- Taco Seasoning: To add more flavor add in taco seasoning. I love the extra flavoring and you can even have it on hand with my recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Sprinkle the Worcestershire, granulated garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper over the beef. Cook, stirring and breaking the beef up frequently, until it is no longer pink and develops a deep brown crust, about 6 minutes. Add the onion and bell peppers. Add the butter and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions and peppers are softened and browning on the edges, about 5 minutes. There should also be browning forming on the bottom of the skillet. Pour the stock into the skillet, a little at a time, scraping up any browned bits. Bring everything to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and lay the cheese slices directly onto the beef mixture in a single layer. Cover and let the cheese melt completely, about 1 minute. Stir the cheese to slightly incorporate. Scoop the meat and cheese onto the buns and top with banana peppers.
Did you try our Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!
SLOPPY JOE RECIPES
Sloppy Joe Casserole is an easy twist on traditional sloppy joes that’s flavorful and delicious! The crispy bun crust compliments the beefy tomato filling so well and makes for a quick and hearty weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
Sloppy Joe Dip! Turn a family friendly dinner idea into an appetizer that your friends won’t be able to get enough of! This Sloppy Joe Dip is cheesy and beefy and definitely crowd pleasing.
Dinner time just got a whole lot tastier with this combo of two childhood favorites – sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches! My quick homemade sloppy joe sauce makes the best sweet and tangy beef and I’ve piled on a ton of cheese!