Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
Who doesn’t love a good Philly Cheese Steak? Combine that with Sloppy Joes, you have a match made in heaven! This can be to your table in 30 minutes and instantly it will be your families favorite. The melted cheese makes these sloppy joes over the top, good!
I love a good cheese steak and we do love our sloppy joes! If this sounds like you, you need to give this a try!
This Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe is perfect for anyone trying to stay on a budget. This is for all you hardworking moms!
This would be a great freezer meal. Make double the recipe and freeze the half of it in a freezer bag. Then you have another dinner ready that only needs to be heated through!
I do love a good sloppy Joe. My daughters have requested sloppy joes for their birthday dinner in the past! It blows my mind to think that you add the Philly steak ingredients to the sloppy joes! You probably already have many of the ingredients in your pantry.
- It is best to have your pan hot before adding the ground beef. This will help the ground beef cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Use the thinly sliced provolone cheese for best results on melting and getting the most flavor for a philly cheese steak sloppy Joe. You can also use shredded cheese and melt it over top of the philly cheese steak mixture before adding it to the buns, or you can toast the buns in the oven and melt the cheese onto the bun.
- If you aren’t a big pepper fan you can add in fresh mushrooms, or canned tomatoes.
- I suggest sticking with beef broth for the added flavoring but if you are a chicken or vegetable stock lover these will work great too.
- To add more flavor add in taco seasoning. It make it a totally different recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Sprinkle the Worcestershire, granulated garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper over the beef. Cook, stirring and breaking the beef up frequently, until it is no longer pink and develops a deep brown crust, about 6 minutes. Add the onion and bell peppers. Add the butter and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions and peppers are softened and browning on the edges, about 5 minutes. There should also be browning forming on the bottom of the skillet. Pour the stock into the skillet, a little at a time, scraping up any browned bits. Bring everything to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and lay the cheese slices directly onto the beef mixture in a single layer. Cover and let the cheese melt completely, about 1 minute. Stir the cheese to slightly incorporate. Scoop the meat and cheese onto the buns and top with banana peppers.
Did you try our Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!
SLOPPY JOE RECIPES
Sloppy Joe Casserole is an easy twist on traditional sloppy joes that’s flavorful and delicious! The crispy bun crust compliments the beefy tomato filling so well and makes for a quick and hearty weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
Sloppy Joe Dip! Turn a family friendly dinner idea into an appetizer that your friends won’t be able to get enough of! This Sloppy Joe Dip is cheesy and beefy and definitely crowd pleasing.
Dinner time just got a whole lot tastier with this combo of two childhood favorites – sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches! My quick homemade sloppy joe sauce makes the best sweet and tangy beef and I’ve piled on a ton of cheese!
2 thoughts on “Easy Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes”
Wonderful Photos-everything looks so yummy!