Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
This homemade sweet and salty Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie was inspired by the cult favorite Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. So good!
I have made this several times now and every time I bring it to the table, everyone gets pretty excited! They thought I had bought it from the store but the truth is that it looks so fancy but it’s super easy to make!
PRO TIP: If you don’t have a round pie plate, you could use a 9 or 10 inch round springform pan. That’s what I used and I actually prefer it. Why? Because the pie comes out so pretty and it’s easier to cut the pie!
FOR THE CRUST
- 4 cups of granola ( I used honey granola)
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup original malted powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate covered pretzels + extras
For the Topping
- Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
- Mix together the granola, and butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate or a Springform pan. Place crust into the oven for 5 minutes. This will help set up your crust. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat the malt powder and whipping cream until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until nice and creamy. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and beat the mixture until creamy.
- Fold in the whipped cream and chocolate covered pretzel pieces.
- Place the hot fudge and peanut butter into two microwave safe bowls. Heat for 15 seconds. Stir until creamy.
- Spoon half the ice cream mixture into the prepared crust. Drop half of the hot fudge and peanut butter on top of the ice cream. Swirl gently with a knife.
- Spoon the remaining ice cream on top gently until it reaches the top of the crust. You will have a little bit of ice cream leftover, so put it in a separate container and freeze it.
- Add the remaining hot fudge and peanut butter and swirl. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with Cool Whip and the remaining pretzels and granola.
Did you try this recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!