Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie was inspired by the cult favorite Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. So good!
Have you ever tried the ice cream? Even if you haven’t, this tasty little dessert will make grown men cry. It has chocolate, it has crunch, it has creamy goodness, what else can you ask for? Wait….it’s super easy to make! Now it will make grown women cry! lol!
It’s so fun to try out new recipes and have my family try them. If you love frozen desserts you need to check out our Frozen Strawberry Dessert and Frozen Chocolate Caramel Crunch!
PRO TIP: If you don’t have a round pie plate, you could use a 9 or 10 inch round springform pan. That’s what I used and I actually prefer it. Why? Because the pie comes out so pretty and it’s easier to cut the pie!
Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
FOR THE CRUST
- 4 cups of granola ( I used honey granola)
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup original malted powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate covered pretzels + extras
For the Topping
- Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
- Mix together the granola, and butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate or a Springform pan. Place crust into the oven for 5 minutes. This will help set up your crust. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat the malt powder and whipping cream until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until nice and creamy. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and beat the mixture until creamy.
- Fold in the whipped cream and chocolate covered pretzel pieces.
- Place the hot fudge and peanut butter into two microwave safe bowls. Heat for 15 seconds. Stir until creamy.
- Spoon half the ice cream mixture into the prepared crust. Drop half of the hot fudge and peanut butter on top of the ice cream. Swirl gently with a knife.
- Spoon the remaining ice cream on top gently until it reaches the top of the crust. You will have a little bit of ice cream leftover, so put it in a separate container and freeze it.
- Add the remaining hot fudge and peanut butter and swirl. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with Cool Whip and the remaining pretzels and granola.
Did you try this Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
4 thoughts on “Delicious Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie”
That sounds amazing! Chubby Hubby was always my favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor (until they swapped the peanut butter filled chocolate covered pretzels with just plain chocolate covered pretzels). Pinned.
it really is!
This looks AMAZING!!!! I love coated pretzels, but mix them up with ice cream etc and you have an absolute winner. I need this pie in my life! 🙂 Sim x
yes you do!