Fruit Pizza Cookies
Fruit Pizza Cookies are the best of the best! Easy sugar cookie recipe covered with cream cheese frosting and layered with fresh fruit! Do I need to say anything else?
I’m a sucker for a good sugar cookie! My husband has spent hours, days and even years to perfect the best sugar cookie ever! While I do love his traditional sugar cookie recipe, it’s time to take it up a notch!
This recipe flavors lean towards a shortbread cookie. A little more sturdy to hold all that goodness on top! It kind of reminds me of Pecan Sandies.
Most of you have had fruit pizza before but this cookie has a slightly different flavor and texture. And what’s better than a handheld version? Right!?!
What fruit do you put on a Fruit Pizza recipe?
Gosh, I think any kind would work! You can play with the different combinations to see what is your favorite! Here are a few ideas to get your juices flowing!
- Kiwi Fruit
- Mandarin Oranges
- Bananas ( You will have to soak it in lemon juice first so the banana won’t go brown)
- For the Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cube butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh fruit: berries, kiwi, banana, mandarin oranges, etc..
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar until well mixed. Add the egg, vanilla and stir again. Slowly add the flour and baking powder until a dough forms. If it looks a little crumbly, this is normal. If you squeeze some dough together in your hands, it should form a ball that keeps its shape. If still too dry, you can add a tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt.
- Scoop and roll into 3 tablespoon dough balls (large cookie scoop) and press with a glass to spread. Refrigerate 5 minutes before baking to help them hold their shape.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, then cool 5 minutes on the hot baking sheet before cooling completely on cooling racks. Baking time will depend on the size of your cookies and your oven.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Stir with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) until completely combined, thick and smooth. Scrape the sides and stir again briefly to ensure a smooth frosting.
Cookie Finishing Touches
- Frost cooled cookies generously with cream cheese frosting, then top with any desired fresh fruit.
Did you try our Fruit Pizza Cookie? What did you think? Did you love them? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
YOU KNOW YOU WANT A COOKIE!
Sometimes in life, when your husband gives you lemons, you make Lemon Glazed Cookies! These are addictive. You’ve been warned.
Cake batter cookies! This is what happens if a soft-baked chocolate chip cookies and sprinkle filled cake have a baby. If you are a chocolate chip cookie lover and if you love licking the beaters after you have mixed up the cake batter , you will be satisfied!
Sugar Cookie Bar! We are a big fan of the sugar cookie and we make them for everything special occasion.
It was a no-brainer to make a sugar cookie bar. They are so delicious and easy to make. Seriously, I made these last night and they are gone this morning!