Best Ever Pork Roast
This is the best ever pork roast, you will ever make! Everyone ate it and loved it!
I’ve been buying stuff at Costco and you can only have so much pork tacos and and shredded BBQ pork. I was looking for something different and this was awesome! It took a little longer than I thought because it was frozen in the center!
- 3 lb. pork shoulder roast
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into large 1-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF. Then, remove your pork shoulder from the packaging and use a paper towel to pat it dry.
- Next, mix together all of the spices (garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, coarse sea salt, ground pepper, cinnamon, and brown sugar) in a small bowl and then rub it on all sides of the pork shoulder.
- Cut russet potatoes into 1-inch large chunks and dice a yellow onion and large carrots into big pieces. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, sear all 4 sides of your pork shoulder for 2 minutes per side or until it begins to brown. Remove the pork shoulder and place it on a plate.
- Pour a little of the broth onto the bottom of your hot stockpot, and use a wooden spoon to scrape off all the bits. Then, transfer all of the diced veggies onto the bottom of your stockpot and toss it in the broth and oil. Then, place the seared pork shoulder (fat-side up) on top of the veggies. Make sure to also transfer as much of the spice rub as possible that fell off the pork shoulder as that flavors the gravy.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rest of the chicken broth, maple syrup, and Worchestershire sauce. Then, pour over the top of the pork shoulder.
- Place stockpot into the oven, uncovered, and roast at 350ºF for 60 minutes. Then, remove from oven and measure the internal temperature of the pork. Continue cooking in increments of 10 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Remove pork roast from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Toss the roasted veggies in the gravy that is in the pot so that the veggies are nice and coated with amazing flavor.
- Serve pork roast sliced and with veggies and extra gravy.
Best Ever Pork Roast recipe? Did you try it? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
DELICIOUS PORK RECIPES
Holy cow! This recipe is amazing! Honey Parmesan Pork Roast that you cook slowly in the slow cooker is juicy, tender and melts in your mouth. Who knew pork could taste so good!