SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE
How can it get any better than two of our all time favorites put together! Sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches! My good old standby sloppy joe recipe makes the best sweet and tangy beef and it’s oozing with tons of cheese!
We love sloppy joes and we love grilled cheeses and I didn’t think combining them would be this good, but it is! I have two daughters that would request sloppy joes at least once a week. The buttery toasted bread with homemade sloppy joe mix is so yummy!
This is the absolute comfort food! You can whip this up in minutes and put smiles on everyone’s face. Perfect for a busy night or when you just need some yummy goodness!
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE
- 2 pounds of hamburger
- 2 cans of chicken gumbo soup
- 11/2 cups ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- mild cheddar slices
- provolone cheese slices
- On a medium heat cook hamburger and onion until meat is brown.
- Drain grease off meat.
- Add soup, ketchup and mustard to meat and stir until combined.
- Turn down the heat, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Place a clean skillet on a medium heat.
- Assemble sandwiches: Butter one side of each bread slice. Place 1 slice butter-side down in skillet and spoon over sloppy Joe mixture. Top with 2 slices of cheddar cheese, 1 slice of provolone cheese and one more slice bread, buttered-side up.
- Cook over medium heat until bread is golden and cheese is melty, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches total.
Did you try our SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
easy dinner ideas?
I’m not a straight marinara sauce lover, but I have found if I put a little cream into the sauce, I’m as happy as a clam! The other night, we were making dinner and this is what we came up with, Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta! We used the tomatoes that we had bottled last Fall and we had the rest of the ingredients in the pantry. A win, win!
I needed something quick and easy. It’s unreal how much more busy I feel with a child than without. Easy Baked Corndogs were quick and easy!
The past week, I have been having fun reconnecting with some family favorite recipes! Whenever I’m asked to take a meal to a family in our ward, this is my go-to meal. My Jessica used to come home for lunch when she was in high school just to make sure she got the leftovers! It’s a quick and easy recipe that anyone can make and it’s delicious!