Puffed Rice Bars are loaded with peanut butter and yummy goodness of honey and can be made in minutes using just 5 ingredients that are in your pantry.
These peanut buttery treats are perfect for an afternoon snack but taste divine enough to serve for an elegant party.
These are my husband’s all time favorite treat! When we would go for a ride and pick up a treat at our local gas station, he would always choose this. It took me awhile to achieve the quality that he was longing for but I did it!
Tips for making Puffed Rice Bars
- Make sure to press down firmly with parchment paper so that they stick together (and not on your hands).
- Refrigerate the bars for the full hour so they become firm. I know you will want to sneak a bite before that!
- Use a sharp knife to cut through the bars.
- Once cut, store in an airtight container.
- You can drizzle melted chocolate on the bars. My husband is a purist and doesn’t like the chocolate. You can also stir in some chocolate chips, M&M’s, or even marshmallows to turn these into a fun kid-friendly dessert.
Puffed Rice Bars Ingredients
- 9 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 3/4 cup heaped brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp. butter
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
Add butter, brown sugar and peanut butter to saucepan over a medium high heat.
Mix well then add honey. Combine it.
Cook for max 1 min not more than that, just when it starts to bubbles up.
In a large bowl add puffed rice and then pour sauce over the cereal.
Mix well so that the sauce is evenly coated.
Pour the mixture to the prepared pan and using a spatula press to flatten it. Let it set for 15-20 mins.
Cut into bars and enjoy.
Did you try Puffed Rice Bars? What did you think? Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
More easy snack ideas:
These Caramel Clusters are as sweet as can be! Easy to make with only 4 ingredients, this caramel cluster recipe is going to become your new favorite recipe for fall, tailgating, holiday parties, and get-togethers!
S’more Chews! Summer months seem to bring dreams filled with camping, fun-filled nights, and S’mores! You don’t always want to smell like a fire or you just don’t have access to one but you need your fix! Never fear, I have the solution. No-bake S’more chews!
Caramel Bloomin’ Apple! Now that it’s Fall, all I can think about is delicious Fall desserts! You know what I mean. Recipes that have apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, and other hearty spices.
Of course, you can eat them any time of year but they scream Fall! The Caramel Bloomin’ Apple recipe fits in this category. You can get your sweet fix in a matter of minutes!