S’more Chews! Summer months seem to bring dreams filled with camping, fun-filled nights, and S’mores! You don’t always want to smell like a fire or you just don’t have access to one but you need your fix! Never fear, I have the solution. No-bake S’more chews!
Every Sunday, I’m in search of a new dessert for my family but with the heat outside, I haven’t really wanted to use my oven. I’m a big fan of rice Krispie treats so I was pretty sure that I would fall in love with this combination and I did! How can you go wrong? You have the chocolate, the mallow, and the cracker. A combination made in heaven! My hubby couldn’t stop eating them and suggested that we share with the neighbors!
- Cooking spray
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows- reserve 1 cup of these + 1 small handful
- 5 cups of Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup of chocolate chips + 1 small handful
- Optional: 1 cup of peanuts
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Once it's melted, reduce the heat to low.
- Reserve 1 cup of mini marshmallows from the 10 oz bag and also a small handful for sprinkling on tops and add the remaining marshmallows to pot. Spray a mixing spoon with cooking spray and continuously stir until marshmallows are fully melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the Golden Grahams. Stir it well to combine.
- Then add the other cup of mini marshmallows and the cup of chocolate chips.
- Stir once more to combine and then put the mixture into the prepared 13 x 9 pan. Gently push it down into an even layer in the pan.
- Top with extra marshmallows and chocolate chips to your taste and let it set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.