Calling all Caramel Lovers! This Caramel Clusters recipe will make your heart sing! Easy to make with only 4 ingredients, this caramel cluster recipe is going to become your new favorite recipe for fall, tailgating, holiday parties, and get-togethers!
My addiction is caramel!! Most moms love chocolate but mine is caramel!! This is what I hide from my family! I can’t keep anything caramel in my house because the struggle is real! lol!
I could pretty much drink my salted caramel sauce. But I won’t, because I feel like I would end up in an ultra-sticky situation.
But I 100% eat it straight from a spoon. No shame in my game, friends.
I bet you have most of the ingredients in your house right now! This is perfect when you are craving a treat and perfect for a sleepover! Whatever the occasion might be, your crowd will be so happy and chanting your name in glee!
- 2 cups of Kraft Caramel Bits (or 48 unwrapped caramels)
- 2 Tablespoons cup water
- 6 cups Rice Chex or Crispix cereal
- 2 cups almonds, we use almonds because other nuts hurt my husbands mouth, but please replace almonds with your favorite nut!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 1 large cookie sheets with Crisco, set aside.
- Pour cereal and nuts into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place caramel bits and water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. (if 2 minutes doesn’t do the trick, microwave in 30-second increments until caramel bits are melted and can be stirred smooth.
- Pour caramel over cereal and pecans and stir gently to coat. Take care not to break the cereal.
- Spread onto one of the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir and flip the cereal. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the other greased cookie sheet on top of the one you removed from the oven and flip it over.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. I do 1 minute, stir, and 30 second increments until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cluster mixture.
- Let cool completely, then break apart into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container.
Did you try our Caramel Clusters? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or please tag us @theloulougirls
OTHER SNACK MIX RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
Homemade Onion Rings Recipe is golden, extra crunchy, and makes for the perfect appetizer. Tastes restaurant-quality, but is so easy to rustle up from scratch!
Take your caramel corn game to the next level with this homemade Bacon Caramel Popcorn with peanuts and bacon. You’ll love the salty-sweet combination of this irresistible snack.
These bite-size baked pumpkin donut holes are light and fluffy and coated in cinnamon sugar! They’re the perfect fall snack or quick dessert.
Ham and Cheese Croissants are so so easy to make for a crowd! The mini croissants are toasted and flaky, baked with Dijon-honey, buttery goodness. WHOA.