Hot Chocolate Squares
Want a quick and easy dessert that is so rich and decadent it seems too easy? Hot Chocolate Squares is your answer.
I love chocolate mousse desserts so much! Obviously, this was a must make for me. Pregnancy is honestly kicking my butt. I never cook, like ever. Poor Matt is in charge of cooking at night, mainly because nothing sounds good to me. I will make the boys dinner and then tell Matt he’s on his own.
He will either make something or go out which is not very healthy, but reality. I never know what to buy at the store because it all sounds gross and I can’t keep food down. It’s a real struggle. However, this dessert took me about 30 minutes to make and it was fall break so I had some extra energy to spare and Grey helped me make it! Awesome dessert, that actually tastes like hot cocoa!
Hot Chocolate Squares
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. milk chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Crack graham crackers in half and place in food processor. Process until broken down into crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar and salt. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture into the baking dish in an even layer. Place in freezer while you make the filling.
- Filling: Place 1 cup (160 ml) heavy cream and Vanilla Extract in a small pot over low heat. Heat until hot, but not yet simmering. Pour hot liquid over chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in salt. Let mixture cool completely.
- Place the rest of the heavy cream in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until you have stiff peaks. Fold in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour filling over crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Then I roasted the marshmallows in the oven on a cookie sheet and turned the oven to broil and watched them brown. It took about 1 minute. Let them cool completely, then place them on top of the mouse mixture!
Did you try Hot Chocolate Squares? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us @theloulougirls
Chocolate Lover? We got you!
This delicious Death by Chocolate Poke Cake is super moist with the chocolate pudding added to the mix. I then topped it with a whipped cream and chocolate pudding, AND but chunks of chocolate candy bar. I figured if I was going to call it a Death by Chocolate Poke Cake that meant there was no such thing as too much chocolate. Chocolate lovers this one is for you!
Skinny Chocolate Cake! I don’t about you but when I’m trying to cook healthier meals, I crave desserts! I never could imagine that a low-calorie version would be better than a cake made with cream! Yes, this one is better!!!
Homemade Oreos are better than store-bought and super easy to make.