I love, love breadsticks!!! My husband is our bread maker in our home. I was craving breadsticks the other day and my sweet husband whipped these up in no time!
They are soft in the middle but a little crunchy on the outside! Perfect combination!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups flour, about 15-20 ounces (see note)
BUTTER AND TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for the baking sheet)
- Dried herbs, garlic salt and grated Parmesan cheese
- In an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook (or in a large bowl by hand), mix together the water, yeast, sugar, salt and one cup of the flour.
- Continue adding the flour until the dough just clears the sides of the bowl; knead for about three minutes. It should be soft and slightly sticky without leaving a lot of residue on your fingers.
- Let the dough rest in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- While the dough rests, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the melted butter onto large, rimmed baking sheet (about 11X17-inches).
- On a lightly greased countertop, pat the dough into a long rectangle, about 16-inches by 7-inches or so. Cut the dough every 1-inch (more or less) into strips with a pizza cutter.
- Twist each strip slightly and place about 1/2-inch apart on the baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with dried herbs of choice, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Let rise for 20 minutes (you can cover with greased plastic wrap, if desired, I usually go without). Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Did you try GARLIC BREADSTICKS? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!
MORE DELICIOUS BREAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
This No Knead Artisan bread recipe is phenomenal. The best, EASY yeast bread you will ever come across, beginners will love how simple it is while bread connoisseurs will appreciate the Artisan bread qualities.
All right let’s be honest, pizza and breadsticks on the grill are literally the best kinds of pizza ever! Grilled Breadsticks for the win!
Sometimes you are in a rush and you need good rolls that are ready for dinner. Best Ever One Hour Rolls are the only way to go!