All right let’s be honest, pizza and breadsticks on the grill are literally the best kind of pizza ever! Grilled Breadsticks for the win!
Every year for my birthday dinner I always ask for Ribs! Always. This year I decided to branch out and do grilled pizza on my Mom’s new smoker. It’s a Camp Chef woodwind smoker/grill. I have never had better pizza than this. EVER. The flavor from the grill and smoke was amazing. Matt and I threw together some breadsticks and honestly usually breadstick we make I usually don’t love as much as the ones you can buy, these turned out fantastic. Give these bad boys a try!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons Bread Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Marinara for dipping
- Put warm water, honey and yeast in stand mixer, stir and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to get frothy.
- Then add in olive oil, salt and flour. Mix on 2 with a dough hook until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Then cover and let sit in bowl for 5 minutes. Knead again, 1 tablespoon flour if necessary.
- Grease a bowl and let rise for an hour.
- Preheat the grill to 425 degrees.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, roll out and place on parchment paper.
- Mix together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush on to the dough.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Place in the grill on ceramic stone. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Dip in marinara! Enjoy with wood fired pizza!