Best Ever One Hour Rolls
Sometimes you are in a rush and you need good rolls that are ready for dinner. Best Ever One Hour Rolls are the only way to go!
Matt’s uncle came over to help Matt put in the heating and air for our basement. I promised that I would make him dinner.
One hour before we were set to start dinner I decided we needed rolls, thus the best ever one-hour rolls were born. This recipe is the best you could ever hope for. The rolls rise fast and are dense sweet dinner rolls.
Give these rolls a try and you won’t regret it!
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 milk (I used Whole)
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- extra butter to brush on top and to grease the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease the baking with melted butter.
- Mix the warm water, honey, and active dry yeast. Allow the yeast to activate for about 5 minutes until foaming. Meanwhile, melt the butter and warm the milk in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Once the 5 minutes are up add in the milk and about 3 1/2 cups of flour and mix until the dough pulls away from the bowl. Add a tablespoon of flour until it pulls away from the bowl. Once the dough is ready, grease a bowl with olive oil and turn the dough over in the oil until it is covered. Cover with a towel and allow to rise for 15 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and then form into 12 balls, Mine was about 2 3/4 oz each. Put in the greased pan and cover with a damp cloth, allow to rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the rolls are golden brown. Brush the top with melted butter.
- Serve warm!
French Rolls are perfect for any meal you want! We used these for the standard dinner and then used them for breakfast sandwiches the next morning.
If you’re like me you totally forgot to make something to go with dinner. Rolls sound so good but are there enough time for them to rise or thaw or both?
Quick Italian Rolls are your solution. These rolls take just about an hour and a half to make and they are amazing!
We love Texas Roadhouse at our house! That’s why we had to come up with a Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe!