This Hamburger Soup Recipe is hearty and delicious. It has a rich, flavorful broth and only takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. This is a perfect busy weeknight meal solution.
There are so many reasons to make this Hamburger Soup! It’s a great way to get kids to eat more vegetables. I don’t know if it’s the name helps or what, but they slurp every last drop when I make it!
You also make it all in one pot so – hello! – fewer dishes, which is always a very happy thing in my house! It’s super easy, veggie-packed, and family-friendly!
I love this recipe just as-is, but sometimes you don’t have all the ingredients in your kitchen. You can absolutely add other ingredients into the mix to customize the soup to your tastes.
- Protein: Instead of ground beef, try stew meat, mild Italian sausage, or even cooked shredded chicken.
- Potatoes: Skip the Russet potatoes and it will make it more keto-friendly.
- Vegetables: Try adding other veggies such as green beans, spinach, bell peppers, or even zucchini.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled, sliced
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 to 4 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounces can of diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 large potato peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery to the pot.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
Add the ground beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, beef broth, and potato to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes is tender. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Stir in the corn and peas and cook for 5 minutes more.