This Hamburger Soup Recipe is hearty and delicious. It has a rich, flavorful broth and only takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. This is a perfect busy weeknight meal solution.
There are so many reasons to make this Hamburger Soup! It’s a great way to get kids to eat more vegetables. I don’t know if it’s the name helps or what, but they slurp every last drop when I make it!
You also make it all in one pot so – hello! – fewer dishes, which is always a very happy thing in my house! It’s super easy, veggie-packed, and family-friendly!
I love this recipe just as-is, but sometimes you don’t have all the ingredients in your kitchen. You can absolutely add other ingredients into the mix to customize the soup to your tastes.
- Protein: Instead of ground beef, try stew meat, mild Italian sausage, or even cooked shredded chicken.
- Potatoes: Skip the Russet potatoes and it will make it more keto-friendly.
- Vegetables: Try adding other veggies such as green beans, spinach, bell peppers, or even zucchini.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled, sliced
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 to 4 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounces can of diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 large potato peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery to the pot.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
Add the ground beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, beef broth, and potato to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes is tender. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Stir in the corn and peas and cook for 5 minutes more.
Do you love this soup? Let us know! Please leave us a message in the comments!
This Pasta e Fagioli is a hearty, one-pot soup inspired by Olive Garden. It’s bursting with beans, veggies, noodles, and sausage, this classic Italian soup is sure to win you over. It goes perfectly with Quick Italian Rolls and you have a very satisfying meal.
Creamy Potato Soup is what you want for dinner tonight, trust me. This soup was a huge hit in our family!
All of the goodness of cheesy nachos packed right into this soup! Cooked to perfection and topped with tortilla chips, this soup will become an instant favorite!
Served piping hot with a hunk of crusty bread, this creamy, nourishing butternut squash soup recipe is a fall comfort food at its best.