Hamburger Soup is what grandma used to you. It has a rich, delicious broth, hamburger, and yummy crunchy veggies. It takes less than 30 minutes to have to your dinner table.
My husband has always made a version of this since we have been married. He has always been in love with it. I decided to take his recipe up a few notches by adding the vegetables and tweaking the broth. Boy, am I glad!
This is a soup that you will feel good about serving to your family, and perfect for a potluck dinner.
LET’S MIX IT UP
I love this soup recipe just like it is, but sometimes you don’t have all the ingredients in your kitchen. Never fear, you can mix it up and it will still be amazing
- Out of ground beef? Try stew meat, mild Italian sausage, or even cooked shredded chicken.
- Are you trying to Keto? Leave out the potatoes
- Every family has there favorite veggies and the ones you won’t touch with a ten foot pole. Leave out the ten foot pole ones and add the favorites.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled, sliced
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 to 4 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounces can of diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 large potato peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery to the pot.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
Add the ground beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, beef broth, and potato to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes is tender. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Stir in the corn and peas and cook for 5 minutes more.
Do you love this soup? Let us know! Please leave us a message in the comments or tag us on Instagram!
This Pasta e Fagioli is a hearty, one-pot soup inspired by Olive Garden. It’s bursting with beans, veggies, noodles, and sausage, this classic Italian soup is sure to win you over. It goes perfectly with Quick Italian Rolls and you have a very satisfying meal.
Creamy Potato Soup is what you want for dinner tonight, trust me. This soup was a huge hit in our family!
All of the goodness of cheesy nachos packed right into this soup! Cooked to perfection and topped with tortilla chips, this soup will become an instant favorite!
Served piping hot with a hunk of crusty bread, this creamy, nourishing butternut squash soup recipe is a fall comfort food at its best.