Orange Cream Salad is a no-bake salad or dessert full of mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, and topped off with creamy goodness.
Do you know those recipes that bring you back to a time that is full of memories of your childhood? This recipe is that in a nutshell.
When I was getting my eyelashes done my girl was telling me what she was making for her holiday dinner. This was one of the dishes. She went on to tell me how excited her husband was that she was making this salad because his grandma used to make it all the time!
All I could think is yes, I remember that salad, and my grandma used to make it as well! So it was a no brainer, we needed this in our lives too!
- 6 oz Orange Jello Mix
- 3-ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 11 ounce can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 of a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
- One 8 ounces container cool whip
- Mix together 4 cups of water, orange jello mix, and vanilla pudding mix in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring the whole time to keep clumps from forming. Once it starts to boil, remove it from the water.
- Pour into a heat-resistant container (I usually use a glass baking dish), cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for about four hours.
- Remove from fridge and break up the jello into chunks. Place in a large bowl.
- Add in the pineapple, mandarin oranges, and whipped cream and mix around until everything is combined.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.