BAKED ZITI WITH MEATBALLS
Baked Ziti with Meatballs is a total comfort meal. An easy-to-make, richly flavored tomato sauce is combined with pasta, mozzarella cheese, and flavorful meatballs for one dish of cozy deliciousness!
Baked ziti is meant to feed a crowd, and this one surely does. Meatballs made with sausage and hamburger are strewn throughout the sauce.
The whole dish can be assembled and baked ahead the day before or in minutes while you listen to your kid practice his piano. Bring it to room temperature before warming, then broil right before serving for crisp edges.
My girls love a good meatball! This is an easy way to give them what they want and please the whole family!
Serve with a tossed green salad, crusty bread, and a binge-worthy Netflix show. I recently finished the second season of Virgin River in 1.5 days!
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 3/4 pound ground beef ( I used Jimmy Dean’s)
- 3/4 pound ground sausage
- 1/3 cup Panko
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine vinegar
- 1 (32-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, torn into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 x 13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground sausage, Panko, egg yolks, garlic, and oregano; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1-to-1-1/4-inch meatballs, forming about 24 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs, in batches, and cook until all sides are browned about 2-3 minutes. Return meatballs to the skillet.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in marinara sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pasta.
- Spread pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish; top with Mozzarella.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 25-30 minutes. Turn oven on high broil, watching closely, crisp up the edges. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Sweet and Sticky Chicken Casserole is a recipe that’s perfect for tonight’s dinner. Easy to prepare, no fuss, and very little clean up; a perfect weeknight family recipe!
Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole is made with flour tortillas, shredded chicken, mozzarella, and enchilada sauce. Deliciousness in every bite!
This taco casserole is layers of tortilla chips, and beef, all topped with plenty of cheese and baked to perfection. Add your favorite taco fixings such as lettuce, tomato, and olives for a hearty and family-friendly meal!
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole is a creamy and easy dinner that your whole family will love. This will be the best you ever make!