Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup with Spinach
This easy, creamy chicken pasta soup with spinach recipe is simple to make using just a few common ingredients. So delicious, and ready in only 20 minutes!
It was my cute daughter-in-laws birthday and as a family, we love to make the birthday person’s favorite dishes! She loves soup! So of course, we have to come up with the best soup ever!
There’s nothing I love more than a dutch oven pot full of soup! Good chicken soup is always steaming hot, full of chunks of chicken, and swimming with veggies. What’s not to love?
Creamy soups are some of my favorite kinds of soup. Add gnocchi to the mix and it’s unbeatable! Gnocchi has got to be the best kind of pasta, right? I’m mean little pillows of yum has got to be good! Enjoy and stay warm!
- 1 lb cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked gnocchi (or any other small pasta)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
1. To make the creamy chicken pasta soup: In a large dutch oven, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and sauté in olive oil until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Add the broth, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Cover and bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes.
3. Lower the heat, then add gnocchi and cheddar and simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking. Add spinach to the chicken pasta soup toward the end, and stir until wilted.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve the creamy chicken pasta soup into bowls and top with extra parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be enjoying a nice bowl of pumpkin sausage soup, I would have thought you were crazy! It is so creamy and good that even if you aren’t a big pumpkin lover, you will love this soup! One of the perks is that it’s very low in carbs and so easy to make.
I am a soup lover! It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, I love soup! Sometimes you don’t think of making it in the Summer months but it’s a quick and easy way to feed your family. I have never been a fan of cauliflower until now! This soup is so creamy, so comforting, and packed with so much flavor that it will knock your socks off!
This is the best thing to eat on a rainy fall day! Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches!! This recipe really didn’t take very long to make. You won’t regret making this, it was delicious!!