Sweet and Sticky Chicken Casserole
Sweet and Sticky Chicken Casserole is a recipe that’s perfect for tonight’s dinner. Easy to prepare, no fuss, and very little clean up; a perfect weeknight family recipe!
I can’t believe how busy life can be! It feels like you are going 90 90 all day and then you remember you have to feed your family! I love, love one-pan meals! That is why sweet & sticky chicken casserole in on my favorite list!
When the whole family is together, we have different tastes going on and it’s hard to find something that everyone will love! This dish seemed to please the pickiest eater!
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 chicken legs
- 8 Tablespoons molasses
- 8 Tablespoons ketchup
- 8 Tablespoons honey
- 8 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 to 8 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch plus 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a casserole dish, layer your veggies.
- In a small bowl, combine molasses, ketchup, honey, maple syrup, and all the seasonings. Place chicken in a separate bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the liquid mixture to the chicken and coat chicken well. Place the chicken and the sauce you used to cover the chicken and top the veggies. Place butter pieces on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce in a small pan and bring it to a simmer. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch mixture to the simmering sauce and bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer.
- Add the thickened sauce to the top of the chicken and continue to bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
One Pan Chicken with Mushrooms and Orzo! In just 30 minutes you can have this delicious ONE PAN MEAL ready and on the table! Using easy to use Orzo pasta that cooks up in a flash!
This peri peri chicken recipe smothers chicken in a homemade peri peri sauce then bakes or grills them and serves them with extra sauce. It’s a quick and easy weeknight meal.
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dinner winner with its creamy cajun sauce and bites of tender pasta and chicken. It’s one of the easiest dinners, ready in less than 30 minutes.