We’re trying new foods at our house in an effort to try and eat a little more healthy. This week we tried Parmesan Couscous.
I feel like part of our problem in being unhealthy is we get stuck in a rut of eating the same things all of the time. It’s time we mix it up a little bit! I’m the pickiest eater, you can ask Matt, but he’s always making me try new things. Sometimes I hate it. However, I decided to retry a few things after having Sawyer, because with Grey a few of my taste buds had changed. Or maybe as I grow up, I get a little less picky. Anyways, this time we tried parmesan couscous, Matt and Grey thought it tasted like Mac and cheese. We thought it was really good!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 oz plain, uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil.
- Stir in 1 (10-ounce) package plain, uncooked couscous; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fluff with a fork, and serve immediately.